Thursday, August 20, 2009

17, At Last
8/20/2009 10:17:00 AM

17, At Last

Yessss, I just turned 17 yesterday! Nothing feels that special though. It's just that everytime I look at that number, it seems like such a big number, well.. it seems like an old age to me. I still feel so immature for such an age and I'm still not used to the thought of two more years of teenage life. Ahh, I don't feel like I've grown a lot these past (highschool) years. I've been going through the same routines and nothing seems to be increasingly changing, although I know, I must've gone through some kind of growing changes somehow. Oh what an odd perspective, eh?

Anyway I just feel like sharing my day of turning seventeen. This year was surprisingly different from the past birthdays I've had. I've always wanted something offbeat, instead of feeling like having last year's birthday repeated the next year.
Usually, I would always celebrate it with my family even if it means I'd spend it with my friends later on that day. My mom would often bake me a birthday cake, or buy one if not necessary, and cook Nasi Kuning! haha yess... what a tradition we have for a family member's birthday! And oh, my dad would always know what I want for my birthday.. and I always have something I want for a present. Without telling my dad, the thing I wanted would show up on my birthday.

Well on my 17th year, I could say none of the above family-things ticked.
My, I had a hard time sleeping. My cold and sore throat was killing me which made it hard for me to fall asleep although I was so damn sleepy and that caused a headache. When I could finally start my sleep, I assume that was around after midnight, I heard a knock on my door... AHHHH! How nice :/

So yeah, 6 of my closest friends came in with those colorful candlelit cupcakes.. and yeah.. you know all the things they do in surprises. Well this one isn't off, I do get surprises the past years, with different packs of friends each year. Oh I like surprises, and I wanted one, to be honest, and I wouldn't cross this one out of my atypical birthday custom list, haha.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They stayed up with me up until about 3 in the morning. Although it took up my heavenly sleeping hours, it was worth it. They did make my 1st happiness that day :) Anyway, I couldn't get back to sleep. I think it's the first time I've had up to only 2 hours of sleep all together. And it sure did make me feel so unwell for the rest of the day, letting me catch fever for some while.
Later that afternoon, I spent my time with the same people again. We went out for some movies and burgers and went to SSC for some chemistry lessons.

I spent my day with those favorite people of mine. And I realized that was about it. The simplest birthday of my life, yet somehow it didn't turn out to be my worst, in fact, not even close to! Yet not the best either. I somehow like how there's no birthday cake, leaving cupcakes as a change, no real gifts, leaving time with them something quite worthy for me -- oh I dont like crowds much (and no, I haven't been thinking about birthday bashes)-- and uncommonly, I have no birthday wish, as in presents. I don't feel like there's anything necessary I really want. But you know I'd always want to get accepted at ITB (no, I don't count that as a birthday wish).
The only unusual thing I dislike about this birthday was that I didn't get to see my dad. Still haven't met him today. And I find that I pretty much miss having a celebration with my family. Where as my mom and sisters left early in the morning to do their own things yesterday, while I was still trying hard to pay me back a nice sleep. *sigh*


By the way, you should check out a stopmotion video by Angga which he made for me. Nice present! haha
Not forgetting a big fat thank you to those 6 friends, who kept me from having a dull day :D


0 Comments: